Tuesday 26 August 2014

More than words



So often the Martin Luther King I have a dream speech is quoted in all sorts of places from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. And though I must admit I can see why the quotes in the speech do sound quite inspiring.....to me I have always found this speech just that little bit more inspiring

Considering now why that could be the case,  I think for me the whole I have a dream notion taken literally is just blanket words. And in terms of the change process I would say it probably say it be only the first step after things like pondering, doing nothing etc. However, blanket terms do not necessarily influence society (akin to shouting "world peace" at your tv) it needs a movement of passionate people with the reserve to hold strong against those system that resist change.

But yeh back to the video it has a slightly religious theme but I think it quite apparent an absence of fear while demonstrate considerable care for people without caring for people say or do if that makes any sense.

And just a video and song to finish

No comments:

Post a Comment